Things To Do Manchester Area
Manchester’s seasons are captivating, each with its own awe-inspiring moments and experiences. Winter is a rush of outdoor sports, brisk fresh air, crunching snow, the finest skiing, magnificent mountains and warming fireplaces. Spring welcomes blooming flowers and gardens, antiquing and exploring Vermont’s unique history. Summer is everything you want it to be: gorgeous vistas, adventurous hikes, biking, picnics and vibrant festivals. And fall – one of the most beautiful times of all. The colors are magnificent and not to be missed! To make sure you get the most from your visit to our area and the Reluctant Panther, we have selected our top ten favorite things to do – and let us know your favorite when you’re here….
- 10. Take the Equinox Skyline Drive up Mount Equinox and enjoy 360-degree unparalleled views from the highest peak in the Taconic Mountain Range at 3850'
- 9. Visit the Hildene Viking Nordic Center for an afternoon of cross country skiing or, if feeling less energetic, Taylor Farm for a sleigh ride through our winter wonderland.
- 8. Play a round or two of Golf on some of New England’s finest courses. Panther guests enjoy exclusive golf privileges at nearby Manchester CC. Enjoy a chilled Vermont craft beer after your round!
- 7. Savor a gourmet dinner at the Panther and take in a show at the historic Weston Playhouse or the Dorset Theatre.
- 6. Spend a day outdoors kayaking, canoeing or fly-fishing on our local rivers and streams. Take a fly-fishing lesson at Orvis or hire a private guide who knows the “secret spots”. Rental gear, lessons and guides can be arranged by the Panther.
- 5. Spend a day or two downhill skiing or snowboarding at Stratton or Bromley Mountains. Just a short ride from the Panther, each of these ski areas offers great winter recreation. After hitting the slopes, relax back at the Panther in front of your fireplace with a warm beverage.
- 4. Take an energetic hike or a guided horseback ride along one of the numerous scenic trails in our area. Trail maps are available thru the Panther.
- 3. Hit the famous Manchester Designer Outlets for awesome discount shopping – Georgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, Kate Spade and Michael Kors are our favorites. And, don’t miss the Northshire Bookstore, the #1 independent bookseller on the east coast.
- 2. Take a drive tour of Manchester’s top attractions – visit historic Hildene mansion, drive up Mount Equinox and take a class or browse the exhibits at The Southern Vermont Arts Center.
- 1. Spend a fall day with a ride on the Stratton Gondola or Bromley Chairlift to see the amazing foliage display. At the end of the day, sample some of America’s finest artisan cheeses with a glass of fine wine or a local brew back at the Panther lounge.
Out Top Pick:
Start your day with a great breakfast at the Reluctant Panther, try to do at least 2 of the above activities, followed by a cocktail and a fantastic dinner at the Panther, then collapse into your luxurious bed and rest up for another beautiful day.